Transparency | Mutual Accountability
We help promote transparency, openness and mutual monitoring as the high-level ideal that we're moving towards in the TEC. The way that we get there is by empowering people to share this experience with the Transparency Audits and making information available to everyone.
The transparency audit will give the WGs better insights/guidance on being transparent with their documentation, actions, and decisions. The documents and information will be reviewed by the community through the advice process for accuracy and made available to all community members. This practice will increase trust between the community members.
Audits will be done for each WG every 3 months, to ensure being transparent throughout the time but audits can also be updated before the 3 months mark.
Members will have access to information and activities going in the community anytime and they can easily catch up if they miss some important events/meetings.
Recordings make our community transparent which is a great tool for mutual accountability.
Community members with praise powers are also encouraged to record calls using the comand !record and !save on the #recording channel on discord. And sharing the recording with the credential owners of the social media platform who will be in charge to make the content public to the community.
pawato record meetings when we dont have a recorder in the room.
pawais a Discord bot that allows us to record a voice channel with ease. Follow this recipe by members with praise role:
- 1.Join a voice channel, then type
- 2.Create and upload recording, type
- 3.Stop recording voice channel, type
Being a decentralized organization, our contributors are spread throughout the globe, and we heavily rely on various online platforms and tools to aggregate our coordination and communication. Because of this, some of our contributors may need to request access to TEC accounts on these platforms so as to efficiently perform some tasks that are necessary in our operations and will help us push our mission forward.
While our community is built on trust, it’s still best to establish security practices in our organization. Giving access to TEC accounts should therefore be done with extra caution.
- 1.The contributor will reach out to any admin of the platform they want to be part of and discuss how they want to contribute.
- 2.The contributor may request access to the platform by filling out this Typeform. This is our version of KYC or we can call it “Know Your Contributor”. Don’t worry, we won’t be asking for unnecessary personal information!😉
- 3.The information from the Typeform will then be reviewed by the credentials managers (as of writing, they are Zeptimus, Chuy, and Ivy) and shared with the Community Stewards.
- 4.The Community Stewards will vote in a poll whether the contributor will be given access or not.
- 5.If none of the Stewards vote against it within 24hrs, the credentials managers will give the access corresponding to that Typeform. This process would have a delay of 48hrs more or less.
To manage the risk of sharing TEC account credentials, it has been decided through forum voting to use Dashlane until more decentralized technologies such as NuCypher or Fidelius are available. This way, only the credentials managers will hold the TEC passwords. Contributors will get access to TEC accounts without knowing the log-in details. Contributors are expected to follow the TEC Code of Conduct for Platform Admins.
The credentials managers will audit the list of contributors who have access to TEC accounts every 2 months. They may also reset the passwords after the audit to revoke the access of inactive contributors.
This table serves as a point of reference for communication and transparency. Its purpose is to facilitate coordination between members of the organization with easy steps to promote contributions and accountability.
This process may evolve. If anyone has suggestions to improve it, please reply to this post or drop us a message in the Transparency channel on Discord. We appreciate your feedback!🙂