- What is the difference between Commons Stack and the Token Engineering Commons?
Commons Stack is developing an open-source design framework for creating Commons. Commons are economies that reward value creation where business models fail to so. The Commons Stack is responsible for building out the baseline technical and cultural processes associated with Hatching a Commons.
The Token Engineering community is utilizing this product in order to launch the Token Engineering Commons (TEC). The TE community is the first of hopefully many communities that will partner with Common Stack to launch their Commons.
- What are the legal implications of joining the Trusted Seed within my specific country?
The legal structure of the Trusted Seed is designed for the most litigious legal environments (for example, within the United States -- where communities like this can be easily seen as general partnerships with heavy legal liability for individuals). The TEC is using it to protect its Hatchers from legal situations that could arise from normal good faith actions within the Hatch process of our Commons. That being said, it is always a good idea to keep an eye out for regulatory changes within your local and national jurisdictions.
- Do I have to report to anyone in my country that I am a member of this association?
No. The legal structure proposed allows the membership to be treated in a similar manner as a membership at your local gym. There should be no reporting requirements for anyone. With that being said, it is always a good idea to keep an eye out for regulatory changes within your local and national jurisdictions.
- Does information exist about what actions are covered by the legal protection of the Swiss Association? Is it clear where I have breached the Terms & Conditions?
The rules are located in our Terms & Conditions that members must agree to when applying to the Swiss Association. You should act in good faith and not perform any illegal actions. You always act as an individual in the jurisdiction in which you live.
- Is there a list of what will be covered by the Legal protections?
There is not a defined list, but good faith participation in approved DAOs will generally be covered.
- Are there any resources available that could help me understand relevant legal issues?
Here is a summary of our legal strategy:
And the Terms, which is the one that is most interesting to read: