Hatch DAO boundaries
We are following Ostrom's 8 principles for governing the commons and "clearly defined boundaries" is her 1st principle. The strategy we adopted to set and communicate the boundaries of our various components is by listing the actions individuals can take and the ones they are encouraged not to.
- The Hatch DAO is like a Moloch DAO. Hatchers can rage quit and redeem their share of the redeemable pool at any time unless they voted yes on a proposal. In this case they need to wait until that proposal is executed.
- Hatchers can Vote and control the DAO’s Funds
- Hatcher can Vote to upgrade the DAO’s smart contracts and parameters
- Hatchers can vote to mint and burn tokens
- TECH token holders will be able to vote on token log to determine the parameters of the commons upgrade.
- TECH token holders will ratify the parameters for the Commons upgrade via TEC Hatch DAO
- When the parameters are ratified the Commons upgrade will move funds into a new DAO and everyone with TECH tokens will receive TEC
- Once the TEC Hatch DAO is upgraded to a full Commons, anyone can join the TEC via the bonding curve.
- Participants of the TEC Hatch DAO are aware that unexpected behaviors can happen and the decision making power is all within the TECH token holders.
- Hatchers agree to the TEC Hatch Terms
What actions or outcomes are discouraged?
- Disrespecting our code of conduct